The realness of the popular saying that goes ‘Information is power’ can never be overemphasized. There are different sources of information, and social media is an excellent source in this century. Social media get the most attention in this era and every kind of information is present in one or more of the platforms. Twitter, being a giant platform, houses top sources of cryptocurrency information. While there are other considerations that determine the influence of these people, their followership on twitter is a major in selecting influencers for this article.
Some of the top crypto influencers on twitter are:
- Vitalik Buterin- Vitalik is a young programmer who is also the co-founder of Ethereum cryptocurrency. On twitter, vitalik.eth is the most influential source of information on Ethereum- milestones, partnerships, events, and other announcements. Vitalik is also an avid enthusiast of other cryptocurrencies. He currently has over 950k followers on the platform.
- John McAfee- John McAfee has many personal interests, apart from cryptocurrency, but this does not undermine his influence on cryptocurrency, especially on twitter. His team developed the first antivirus software for commercial use. On twitter, officialmcafee is well known for influencing the initial public offers (IPOs) of several cryptocurrencies. He currently has over one million followers.
- Roger Ver- Roger Ver is an aggressive promoter of bitcoin. He was born and raised in Silicon Valley and has risen over the years to be nicknamed ‘Bitcoin Jesus’. The investment portfolio of rogerkver cuts across , Kraken, , Purse.io, bitcoin.com, and blockchain.com. Roger Ver, who has over 600k followers on the social media giant, is a founding member and board advisor at the Bitcoin Foundation.
- Charlie Lee- Charlie is a computer scientist that worked with Google for about a decade. Charlie Lee is the creator of Litecoin, a prominent altcoin, and the former director of Engineering at Coinbase. He’s the managing director of the Litecoin Foundation. SatoshiLite has over 820k on Twitter.
- Andreas Antonopoulos- Andreas is a Greek-British tech entrepreneur and bitcoin promoter. He is a consultant on bitcoin-related start-ups and a chief security officer at ‘blockchain.info’. He has written books on his interests. His catalog includes Mastering Bitcoin, The internet of money 1, 2, & 3, and Mastering Ethereum. His latest book, ‘Mastering Lightning Network’ is expected to drop soon. Aantonop has over 500k followers on twitter.
- Anthony - is a young American investor, entrepreneur, and bitcoin evangelist. He has a very popular podcast (The Pomp Podcast) where he discusses issues around finance, business, and cryptocurrency. His newspaper, The Pomp Letter, also addresses similar issues. Anthony is currently a co-founder and partner at Morgan Creek Digital. Apompliano has nearly 400k followers on Twitter.
- Erik Voorhees- Erik is one of the early investors of bitcoin. He is an enthusiast and tech entrepreneur. Currently, he is the owner of Instant bitcoin and altcoin exchange shapeshift.io Erikvoorhees has over 350k followers.
- Brad Garlinghouse - Brad is a Harvard-trained business personality. He has always been a crypto enthusiast, long before he joined Ripple. He joined Ripple in April 2005 as the Chief Operating Officer (COO) while Chris Larsen was a co-founder and Chief Operating Officer (CEO). He has, however, been promoted to the CEO position. has over 250k followers on twitter.
- Changpeng Zhao: Popularly known as CZ, a developer who had previously founded Fusion Systems in 2005; a company known to have built high-frequency trading systems for brokers. In 2013 he joined now blockchain.com, as the third member of the cryptocurrency wallet’s team. Also, he had worked at OKCoin crypto exchange as CTO for less than a year. Currently, he’s founder of cryptocurrency exchange; a platform for crypto trading. As of January 2018, Binance was the largest cryptocurrency exchange in the world in terms of trading volume.
Comments here are not of the author's opinion. Users are responsible for their comments.